Tips: What to Look For in an Airbrush Makeup Kit
Everyone has different needs when it comes to makeup. And, when it comes to airbrush makeup kits there is a huge variation in what you get. Price isn’t the only indicator of quality and I’d definitely recommend visiting a salon, Sephora or a friend’s house to get some hands-on experience with airbrush makeup before deciding which kit you want. Don’t forget to head on over to our airbrush makeup review section too!
- Look for one which includes at least 4 shades of foundation. More complete kits also include blush and highlighter.
- Look for a compressor that has variable PSI. Low PSI is essential for beginners and also for more delicate areas and fine work.
- Look for a versatile airbrush gun which can be used for fine work as well as covering medium and large areas. Dual action airbrushes are preferable.
- An airbrush makeup kit MUST come with a cleaning kit!!
- We also prefer those kits which come with a free travel bag. Not all of them do and it’s not really an essential item but one which should come free with any kit.
- An instructional DVD. Well – you have this website… but every makeup kit is different and an instructional DVD will give you the confidence to use your airbrush makeup kit like a pro.